Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Last week I spent some time with my in-laws before they headed off overseas for 7 weeks. On Monday Wollongong really turned it on for them when a whale and her calf lazed about 100m off the shore at Austinmer. Tuesday morning on my regular run north, Sarah’s dad and I spotted a pod of dolphins swimming up the coast, surfing in the waves. WOW!

Heaven by Live has the lyrics: “I don’t need no one to tell me about heaven, I look at my daughter, and I believe. I don’t need no proof when it comes to God and truth, I can see the sunset and I perceive.” What are the WOW moments that make sense - or perhaps create sense?


Psalm 84 speaks of how great it is to be in God’s dwelling place, in God’s house. God certainly is located in the beautiful, yet sometimes tragic, mystery of life. But how can this be a specific location. As people we are about connection, proximity, closeness. We need to connect with each other, but we also need to connect with the ‘other’ - the thing that is beyond us – the mystery we can’t explain. The beauty i'm drawn to is that God is in both. In Jesus God is here among us, in the friend or stranger we meet each day. The one we love and the one we despise. In creation, God is the untamed, the beyond our control, the transcendent one, the Other.

Seek God – in the world and in your relationships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home